Mahaabhaarat | Kathaa | 2-Childhood
|Aadi Parv, 127-|
|Kathaa - 2-Childhood|
This section deals with Paandav and Kaurav children's childhood - till their education is over.
Sambhaav Parv Continues
1. Dhritraashtra is Disturbed - Both Bheeshm and Dhritraashtra are sad and disturbed in their own ways, Dhritraashtra is sad because he foresees his crown losing now to Paandav; and Bheeshm is sad because he knows that Dhritraashtra will not be able to do justice with Paandav.
2. Education-1 - Vidur take Paandav to Kripaa for their education. But Dhritraashtra doesn't want all be educated alike. So he calls Kripaa back from Gurukul at time to time. Vidur prepares Yudhishthir for being the king, on the other side Shakuni prepares Duryodhan for kingship by cheating. So Duryodhan plans to kill Bheem.
3. Poison Incident - Duryodhan and Bheem are never even but Bheem is fond of food so Duryodhan gives him poison with the intention to kill him, but luckily he arrives in Naag Lok and comes back with lots of more strength.
4. Ball Incident - Drone meets Kaurav and Pandav playing ball. Their ball fell in a well. He takes it out, all princes are astonished to see it. Bheeshm and Shakuni come to meet him on their report of this incident. Drone is appointed as their Guru.
5. Drone - Drone is appointed as Kaurav and Paandav's Guru. Shakuni doesn't like Drone's presence. So he calls Ashwatthaamaa. Ashwatthaamaa consults Kripaa as how to go there, as his son or as his disciple? Drone is extra pleased with Arjun. He receives Ashwatthaamaa in his Gurukul. Kripaa tries to know the reason of Drone's insult from Kripee.
6. Drone and Karn - Karn expresses wish to learn weaponry and Adhirath takes him to Drone, but Drone refuses to teach him on the basis of caste and status. Karn tells about Ashwatthaamaa's caste and status which shuts the mouth of Drone.
7. Arjun Learns from Bheem - Arjun learns from Bheem seeing him eating in dark, once Drone tests Arjun's ability by creating a crocodile machine. Both are worried taking up the problem of Dhritraashtra and Shakuni. But there is no other alternative than to wait till all princes grow up.
8. Eklavya Incident - Drone meets a Bheel boy Eklavya who was good at archery. Scared of him, he asks his right hand thumb in Guru Dakshinaa. All disciples were stunned seeing this.
10. Why Drone Loved Arjun Most - Ashwatthaamaa's jealousy with Arjun and Drone's proof as why he loved Arjun so much. Bird incident.
11. Finale of Kaurav and Paandav's Education - Finale of Kaurav and Paandav's education. Demonstration of their skills in public. Declaration of Arjun as the best archer and Karn's challenge to him. Duryodhan appoints Karn as the king of Ang Desh.
12. Drone's Guru Dakshinaa - Drone asks Drupad in Guru Dakshinaa from Kaurav and Paandav. Duryodhan fails to pay it, but Arjun brings Drupad arrested. Drone takes the revenge of his insult from Drupad. Drone gives reason to Ashwatthaamaa to take Eklavya's thumb.
13. Dhritraashtra is Very Sad - Dhritraashtra is very sad as his Duryodhan was not declared the best after the education. This was hindering him to get the crown back to him. He consulted Drone, Kripaa, Bheeshm and Vidur, but to no avail,
Created by Sushma Gupta On 03/09/02
Modified on 05/04/11